Monday, June 8, 2009

Dry Fruit Curry

This recipe is from one of my Australian friends. If I hadn't eaten it before I saw the recipe I probably would not have ever made it. The final dish has much more flavor than the ingredients might suggest. Enjoy!

Dry Fruit Curry
1 small red apple, peel on, diced
1 small tomato diced
1 small green pepper diced
1/2 red pepper diced
1/2 small yellow onion diced
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 Tbsp raisins (I use sweet golden raisins)
1 lb ground pork (I use ground turkey to make it leaner, but the pork certainly has more flavor)
3 Tbsp white wine (water can be substituted, but the wine is much better)
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar

Cook the chopped onion, garlic and red pepper in the oil over medium heat. Once the vegetables have softened slightly add the ground meat. Once the meat begins to brown add the wine, sugar, soy, salt and curry powder. Stir as meat continues to cook. Add the tomato, green pepper and raisins and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve over white or brown rice.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy.
    I see my friend mimi is following you now. She's a sweetie!
    Love the new look. It's fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pssst. I left you an award on my blog. Stop by and check it out :D

    ReplyDelete